Blogiversary: 10/2/2013

Monday, August 19, 2019

Cuisine Art

My husband, Trevor Dillard, and I love to cook with and for each other.  This is a past time we have in common.  He loves to cook Asian and Polynesian food, and I love all of his cooking.  He's introduced me to flavors that took me almost 40 years to try for the first time or acquire a taste for.

He has varying chopping skills, having been to culinary school as well as an obsession with the Cooking Channel when he chooses to watch television. I don't know how to chop the way he does not as fast, but he's taught me a lot.

My favorite foods he cooks for me is when he caramelizes onions and garlic, and stir fries a delicious meal in our wok.

I remember the day we bought the wok.  He came to my job to pick me up, and was roaming around.  He loves to browse the kitchen department in any store that sells cooking, baking, or serveware.  He loves new cooking knives, wisks, cutting boards, cast iron pans and skillets, etc.  He discovered a wok, and I delivered.

That wok has created joyful moments at our diningroom table from stirfried breakfast mash to wonderful vegan Asian cuisine.

At the grocery store or farmer's market, it's always an adventure picking out fresh fruit and vegetables for our meal preparations.

My cooking style is more Westsrn.  A few of the foods Trevor likes that I have made for him, and he's fairly blunt if he doesn't like something, are meatloaf, dill pickle pasta salad, and my homemade baked macaroni and cheese. 

He also loves the desserts I make such as apple and pear crisps, fresh preserves for toast and bagels, blueberry pie, pear streusel, peanut butter cookies, and banana bread.

I love his dessert baking, too.  A few of my favorites are his strawberry cream cheese scones, cherry and chocolate chip brownies, and raspberry brownies.

Lest, I forget, I recently won a wood cheese cutting board, shaped like a cheese.  Inside are various spreaders and slicers.  Trevor is currently in Hawai‘i, and we plan to visit Tillamook Dairy Farm and purchase some cheeses to try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment