Blogiversary: 10/2/2013

Thursday, June 6, 2019

Santiago Arcala

November 26, 2018, my husband, Trevor, took me to Tacoma, Washington to visit the grave of my paternal great uncle, Santiago Arcala.  This was an early birthday present to me, one that I will cherish forever.

Santiago Arcala was the first of the Arcala brothers to pass away after emigration to the United States from the U.S. Territory of the Philippine Islands (since 1935 Commonwealth of the Philippines; then on July 4, 1946, The Republic of the Philippines).

He was buried in Calvary Cemetery  at 5212 70th St. W., Tacoma, Pierce County, Washington, U.S.A. 98467.


Me at the grave

I picked these wild flowers in the cemetery and added them to his headstone before I left.


Tacoma Hotel where my great dduncles lived. 

Santiago Arcala's death cwrtificate 
Funeral record



The cemetery pictures are my own. The death and funeral records are from my uncle Barry Arcala.

No comments:

Post a Comment