Blogiversary: 10/2/2013

Monday, September 30, 2013

Raising Children

When did you first find out that you’d be a parent? How did you feel?
I found out on May 12, 1996. It was Mother's Day. I was scared. My mother's 56th birthday was on May 13th, and I did not want to ruin it, nor did I want to ruin her Mother's Day. I waited to May 14th to tell my parents. I was only 18, scared, but I was ready to take the title, "Mom."

Can you describe the moment when you saw your child for the first time?
The first time I saw my daughter, I thought she was so pretty. I didn't cry like other mother's do. When they first handed her over to me, she was naked, and I asked them to clean her first. They gave her back to me with a blanket and she was perfect.

How has being a parent changed you?
Before I had children, my life a bit more carefree. I smoked cigarettes and becoming a parent, I decide that was not what I wanted. I was into partying and hanging out, but as a parent, I was into staying home and relaxing with my baby.

What are your dreams for your children?
I hope my children have long lives. I want them to have successful careers. I want them to be happy. I want them to travel and I want them to be better than I ever was or could be. I wish I could have more children, but I am excited about being a grandparent in the next 10 to 15 years.

Do you remember when your last child left home for good?
N/A

Do you have any favorite stories about your kids?
To be written.

No comments:

Post a Comment