Blogiversary: 10/2/2013

Thursday, June 6, 2019

Most Memorable Date


My husband Trevor Dillard is the first person who ever went all the way out of his way for a date with me.  Dressed to a tea, planned, flowers, the whole nine.  Sometimes we dressed somewhat fancy, other times very casual, but always for the event. 

We have been on a few dates, but my favorite is when he took me out to The Republik in Honolulu, Hawaii.

He took me to my very first concert, performed by a celebrity rock band called Everclear, opened up by groups Fast Ball and Vertical Horizon.  He got us VIP tickets, delicious pizza slices, and drinks.  We dressed in our most rocker outfits, he in jeans and black tee-shirt, with his long hair down, I in ripped denim capris, black shirt, and red flannel, with my long hair down.  

He headbanged a little bit, much to my surprise, as he is more of a mellow reggae and jawaiian music fan.  A time or two, a cute young lady danced on him, and I was very amused and happy to see him having such a great time.  Trevor did a lot of holding me, swaying me to the music, occasional neck kisses, and lots of hand holding.

We stood out enough, a photographer asked to take our picture to add to his article on Everclear's visit to O‘ahu.  We had such a beautiful evening together.

No comments:

Post a Comment