Blogiversary: 10/2/2013

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Lori Ann Behuniak-Haskins

Lori wears a pink ribbon for breast cancer awareness.
Photo courtesy of daughter-in-law, Suzane Pereira
October 16th marks the anniversary of my cousin Lori's homegoing.

Lori Haskins (neé Behuniak) was born March 3, 1961 in Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan, United States to Judith Arcala (daughter of Lenore Evelyn Barron and Mamerto Arcala) and John Behuniak, and raised in Homosassa, Florida. She graduated Crystal River High School in 1979 and finished nursing school at the Community College of Rhode Island, in Warren, Rhode Island.  Her grandchildren referred to her as "Mimi."  She passed away at home on October 16, 2011 with her family by her side, after a long battle with cancer.

Lori and I were first cousins that had never met in person due to time and distance.  She reached out to me. to get to know me better, through the internet and that's where our friendship began.  I learned of Lori's cancer in 2009.  On May 4, 2010, I congratulated her as I heard she was cancer-free. However, that was not the case.  Her cancer was there, with a vengeance.  On November 11, 2010, she updated her Facebook account to mention she was undergoing chemotherapy and feeling great.

On November 24, 2010, Lori made sure to remind us all to be thankful with this:
 "Happy Thanksgiving to all my Family and Friends, my [sic] you take this time to say thanks for all the ones who have come into your life for good and bad... we learn something form [sic] everyone who passes our path."

Relax In Paradise, Lori.


No comments:

Post a Comment