Blogiversary: 10/2/2013

Monday, September 30, 2013

1870 Census of Isadore Roe's Household


This is the 1870 Census of Isadore Roe and Teresa Lauzon's household.  They were my 3rd great-grandparents, the parents of Sarah Roe, whom was my 2nd great-grandmother, whom was the mother of Susan Laurain, whom was my great-grandmother, the mother of my grandmother Lenore Evelyn Barron.

This census states that my 3rd great-grandfather, Isadore Roe, was 40 years old in 1870 and his occupation was Laborer.  He was born in Michigan and could not read or write.  My 3rd great-grandmother was, Teresa Roe (neé Lauzon) and she was 35.  She kept house, was born in Michigan and also could not read or write.  The children in the household were Sarah (my 2nd great grandmother), whom was 10 years old at the time.  She was born in Michigan and was attending school at the time.  She had younger siblings.  Sisters, Frankie (age 9), Mary (age 5), Laura (age 4), and brothers Thomas (age 2), and George (an infant under a year old).

2 comments:

  1. We may be distantly related. I believe that Isadore and Teresa's daughter Mary was my great, great grandmother.

    ReplyDelete